e-safety & internet safety software
How protected are your school’s online users? Do you enforce e-safety in your school or college? The sophisticated internet safety software features of Impero Education Pro classroom management software help keep your students safe, and empower your teachers.
E-learning, digital communication, social media, cloud based applications – it’s amazing how quickly new technology becomes commonplace across education. But amidst all the hype, and in the race to make the most of these new opportunities, let’s not forget the fundamental safety issues and exposure to risk that the online environment presents.
Viewing unsuitable content, giving out personal information, accessing indecent images, cyberbullying, grooming, identity theft, radicalisation – this list goes on, and we’ve all heard the horror stories. It’s essential that, in order to support safe online learning, educational establishments have a good e-safety policy in place, and the right tools to enforce internet safety. Safeguarding children in schools is one of today’s biggest challenges. With more internet enabled devices being used across the education sector than ever before, e-safety in schools is not only key to reducing risk, it’s also an Ofsted and ISI requirement.
The internet safety software feature in Impero Education Pro is designed to provide e-safety in schools and protect students from the risks of online working. With key word detection and the use of blocks and filters, acceptable boundaries can be imposed. Real-time alerts and close monitoring will highlight violations, usually proving enough of a deterrent to prevent these instances occurring in the first place.
Safeguarding children in education is critical and basic filtering is no longer sufficient when it comes to online safety for kids. Simply blocking internet access not only closes off the opportunity to gain access to valuable learning resources, it also removes the ability to identify vulnerable individuals. Impero Education Pro’s e-safety functionality promotes a monitored approach, in line with the UK government’s ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ statutory guidance, in order to educate young people and promote safer behaviour online, both in and out of school.
Impero Education Pro e-safety & internet safety software features:
- prevent access to unsuitable sites
- prevent unauthorised use of proxy sites
- enforce acceptable usage policy
- create key word libraries for real-time detection
- monitor using specialist built-in key word libraries
- determine potential risk through key word glossaries with explanations
- create different policies depending on severity
- capture time stamped screen shots of every violation
- add screenshots to logviewer report
- record on-screen activity and specify recording length to capture misuse
- export captures with details and image to PDF
- evidence misconduct from a centralised log to support disciplinary action
- alert the relevant authority when rules are violated
- apply policies and filters to laptops when disconnected from the network
- log and monitor all web activity
- enable students to anonymously report concerns using the Confide system
- real-time monitoring of mobile devices including iPads and Chromebooks
For more information about the minimum technical specification requirements for Impero Education Pro, click here to download the technical datasheet.
Further enforce internet safety and student safeguarding in your school today with a free 14 day trial of Education Pro to experience it’s powerful internet safety software capabilities.
Follow us on Twitter for updates and tips on Impero Education Pro.